Sunday, November 18, 2007

AT&T Mobile Broadband

I've noticed that more and more companies are using British people to hawk their products. Maybe it's because the Brits are so damn charming and they can make just about anything sound interesting. It's the accent. An Englishman could describe diarrhea to me and I'd want to know where I could get some. But these AT&T ads are horrible. It's like they snatched someone off the streets of London, fed him lines, then said, "Can you be alittle MORE British. And maybe act alittle like a child molester." Everytime I hear him say "Polo! Found you!" I picture him leaping out of the bushes near a playground when a kid wanders too far from his/her parents. If I was England I'd consider declaring war over this because I'm sure plenty of people think, "Yep, that's just what the Brits are like." AT&T take notice of the Geico gecko - that's how you use a British accent to sell your product.

Verdict: 3 suxxorz. Could've been lower but AT&T did succeed in getting "Polo! Found you!" stuck in my head so I guess the ad works to an extent.

No comments: